Christian Fellowship--Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute

I’ve had people come to me right in the nick of time when I needed help. One time my car ran out of gas. It was a long stretch of land near the mountains. I got out started walking I found myself getting to tired and exhausted thinking I can’t walk any further. Then a girl pulled up to me and I saw she had I think 3 kids in the car so I felt safe getting in the car. I got in she had Christian music playing and she took me to get gas then followed me back. I put the gas in and left. God uses other Christians.

How odd.

Just as you folks were writing these things, here, rain has been pouring down here in St. Louis, a cold rain, and I was given the theme for #TheHymnForToday, Let Peace Rain Down.

I hope it helps. :wink:

Acts 13:13-52

At Antioch in Pisidia

13 Now when Paul and his party set sail from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia; and John, departing from them, returned to Jerusalem. 14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day and sat down. 15 And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent to them, saying, “Men and brethren, if you have any word of [c]exhortation for the people, say on.”

16 Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen: 17 The God of this people [d]Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with [e]an uplifted arm He brought them out of it. 18 Now for a time of about forty years He put up with their ways in the wilderness. 19 And when He had destroyed seven nations in the land of Canaan, He distributed their land to them by allotment.

20 “After that He gave them judges for about four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet. 21 And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years. 22 And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’ 23 From this man’s seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a[f] Savior—Jesus— 24 after John had first preached, before His coming, the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. 25 And as John was finishing his course, he said, ‘Who do you think I am? I am not He. But behold, there comes One after me, the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to loose.’

26 “Men and brethren, sons of the [g]family of Abraham, and those among you who fear God, to you the [h]word of this salvation has been sent. 27 For those who dwell in Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they did not know Him, nor even the voices of the Prophets which are read every Sabbath, have fulfilled them in condemning Him. 28 And though they found no cause for death in Him, they asked Pilate that He should be put to death. 29 Now when they had fulfilled all that was written concerning Him, they took Him down from the tree and laid Him in a tomb. 30 But God raised Him from the dead. 31 He was seen for many days by those who came up with Him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are His witnesses to the people. 32 And we declare to you glad tidings—that promise which was made to the fathers. 33 God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm:

‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.’

34 And that He raised Him from the dead, no more to return to [i]corruption, He has spoken thus:

‘I will give you the sure [j]mercies of David.’

35 Therefore He also says in another Psalm:

‘You will not allow Your Holy One to see corruption.’

36 “For David, after he had served [k]his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep, was buried with his fathers, and [l]saw corruption; 37 but He whom God raised up [m]saw no corruption. 38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; 39 and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses. 40 Beware therefore, lest what has been spoken in the prophets come upon you:

41 ‘Behold, you despisers,
Marvel and perish!
For I work a work in your days,
A work which you will by no means believe,
Though one were to declare it to you.’ ”

Blessing and Conflict at Antioch

42 [n]So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so the Lord has commanded us:

‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles,
That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ”

48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

49 And the word of the Lord was being spread throughout all the region. 50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and prominent women and the chief men of the city, raised up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51 But they shook off the dust from their feet against them, and came to Iconium. 52 And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.

Luke 12

Beware of Hypocrisy

12 In the meantime, when an innumerable multitude of people had gathered together, so that they trampled one another, He began to say to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the [a]leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. 2 For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. 3 Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.

Jesus Teaches the Fear of God

4 “And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two [b]copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Confess Christ Before Men

8 “Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God. 9 But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

10 “And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

The Parable of the Rich Fool

13 Then one from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

14 But He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?” 15 And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of [c]covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.”

16 Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. 17 And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ 18 So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.” ’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’

21 “So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

Do Not Worry

22 Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why [d]are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not [e]arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?

29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek [f]the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.

32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant

35 “Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would [g]have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

41 Then Peter said to Him, “Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?

42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food [h]in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Christ Brings Division

49 “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. 52 For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. 53 Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

Discern the Time

54 Then He also said to the multitudes, “Whenever you see a cloud rising out of the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming’; and so it is. 55 And when you see the south wind blow, you say, ‘There will be hot weather’; and there is. 56 Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time?

Make Peace with Your Adversary

57 “Yes, and why, even of yourselves, do you not judge what is right? 58 When you go with your adversary to the magistrate, make every effort along the way to settle with him, lest he drag you to the judge, the judge deliver you to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison. 59 I tell you, you shall not depart from there till you have paid the very last mite.”

I just got in a sort of argument.because.on tv they are showing the.new findings of Dead Sea Scrolls. (Don’t know how old they are) The way I look at it if God wanted them interpreted a different way then in the bible or if God wanted those particular Dead Sea Scrolls in the bible then God would not have hid them till now. Or if they are a duplicate of what was interpreted in the bible by the Scolars it would have been done. In tired of people believing everything these people say on tv. They take everything as fact. (Of course not everyone.).

I guess God just didn’t know what he was doing when he put his word in a book, and God just accidentally left two Dead Sea Scrolls out by mistake. UPS God, “You made a big mistake when you left them two Dead Sea Scrolls out of your Word” Bad God, Bad God. “NOT”.

I appreciate you Pipeline! I appreciate all the men who work on pipelines and never get any credit. Men who wear Carharts and drive muddy trucks. Men who don’t care what people think about them and put flag stickers on their trucks just to say FU to the haters. Men who are not afraid to show their face to the world to spread the Word. Brave men who love women and children and walk the talk every day. Men who get furious for righteous reasons. Men who honor their marriages and honor their families, no matter what! Men who love fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, snowmobiling, motorcross-in, and nascar - ing. :] I love MEN WHO ARE MEN! BUT MOSTLY< I LOVE MEN WHO ARE BROKEN, RAGAMUFFIN, FOLLOWERS OF JESUS!

Deuteronomy 29:9. 9 Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do.

The dead Sea Scrolls are from approximately 200 years BC, and so, are useful for checking our translations against these very ancient texts.

If God wanted the bible scholars that transcribed the King James bible, God would have told them where the scrolls were go get them and use them to help translate the King James bible. The King James says you who add or take away from this book is in danger of being written out of the Lambs book of life. If these scrolls are interpreted different then the King James bible then the scrolls are either not authentic or from the devil.

The King James Bible is only a translation, and the scholars that made it did not have access to the wealth of original language manuscripts that are available today. This is why the Dead Sea Scrolls are so important. They are more than 1, 000 years closer to the original autographs than what was available before their discovery. This also allows for checking those manuscripts for scribal errors and/or insertions (later notes that were not part of the original text, but which were mistakenly inserted into the actual text by later copyists).

Among the greatest treasures from the Dead Sea Scrolls is a completely intact scroll of the prophecy of Isaiah (from 200 years BEFORE Christ)!

Thanks! I have been getting discouraged by my family, they have no faith, and have no opinion on news. There’s something really wrong. They’ve been tricked. I hold on to the hope of Jesus, thats all that keeps me going. I can’t give in to their spirit! I can’t go back! :sunny:

Hold the line Pipeline!
You are not alone. Don’t give up or get discouraged. Just keep speaking Truth to them.

For the past few years I have noticed a zombi-ish look on many people’s faces in many cities. People are numbed out, addicted to their SSRIs and EYE-foams. They don’t care about anything important just getting to work and back, eating junk food, and high sugar energy drinks, and being mean to people who they disagree with.

Pimples are not just for teenagers anymore.

The devil is the author of confusion. If the devil can produce scrolls that were not in the King James bible and contradict what the scholars said and if the devil can have the church reading out of five different bibles then the devil has done his job. Revelations you who add or take away from this book is on danger of being written out of the Lambs book of life. Its also in Deutoromy. If God wanted those scrolls In the best selling book.all time then God would have put them in there.

You don’t have to have a bible to be saved though. Jesus said “Whosoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. " I just prefer to go by the King James bible. Because is says " you who add or take away will be written out.” There were three bibles that came to America The King James, Geneva and one other. They debated and made the King James the official bible of James Town then Massachutits then it was put in every court house in America then became the best selling book in the world.
Of course now who knows what they are using in the courthouse. I think they get a choice between the King James and the Koran. Or maybe the King James, NIV, NAS, Book of Mormon stuck together with the King James, Jimmy Swaggerts King James interpreted by Jimmy Swaggert because he says how the King James should have been written. The book of Satan by Atwon Leve, the ten newer NIVs that they changed every year. The Gay people bible. The Greg Laurie Bible when he got so errigant after he did the Harvest Festival every year and passed them out to all the people doing his alter call.

Sorry for bursting your bubble, but, as i already told you: the King James Version of the Bible is nothing more than an English Language translation from then extant copies of the original language autographs that were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. It is NOT God-breathed. Those original autographs were God-breathed. Revelation was written, by the Apostle John (probably in Aramaic with immediate, scholar-present-with-the-Apostle translation to Greek). it was not written in English. By insisting on King James Only theology you are committing an arrogant form of heresy, one that, if true, would condemn ALL non-English-Speaking peoples to an eternity of hell. That does not fit with the teachings of Holy Scripture.

Jesus told His Disciples, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.”

In there He tells them to teach ALL NATIONS. That means even teaching those who DO NOT SPEAK OR READ ENGLISH.

Stop condemning people to hell because you don’t like their chosen translation.

Try to take a few seminary classes in the original Biblical languages (Dr. C. John Collins comes HIGHLY recommended for this). Maybe then you will be humbled and not so arrogant.

They will argue and say bibliteca just means bible. But in America the bible is known as the Holy Bible.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if God wanted the bible any different he would have made it so. When they translated the bible from Greek . When did I condemn people to he’ll. I am stating what the 1611 King James bible “The word of God” said. Who ever adds or takes away from this book is in danger of being written out of the Lambs book of life. The IQ is man has gone down. I will not take a seminary class I don’t need one. I think you need to humble your self. The seminary schools do not know Greek and Hebrew as well as the scholars back in the 1600s.