Christian Fellowship--Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute

Well this won’t go anywhere. You are errogant you don’t change the word of God. Look what’s happened are you that blind. Look how many translations. What a confusion. Also for a new believer who sees Christians going by ten different bibles. The King James bible is the only bible that does not get a royalty.

Thank God! I am so thankful that we still have the FREEDOM to read any version of the bible our heart’s desire. I would not recommend “The Woman’s Bible” nonetheless.

1 Samuel 16:7 KJV
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

2 Samuel 6: 14-15

Then David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was wearing a linen ephod. So David and all the house of Isreal brought up the ark of the Lord with shouting and with the sound of the trumpet.

american-sticker

2 Samuel 7: 18-29

David’s Thanksgiving to God :sunny:

18 Then King David went in and sat before the Lord; and he said: “Who am I, O Lord God? And what is my house, that You have brought me this far? 19 And yet this was a small thing in Your sight, O Lord God; and You have also spoken of Your servant’s house for a great while to come. Is this the manner of man, O Lord God? 20 Now what more can David say to You? For You, Lord God, know Your servant. 21 For Your word’s sake, and according to Your own heart, You have done all these great things, to make Your servant know them. 22 Therefore You are great, [f]O Lord God. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 23 And who is like Your people, like Israel, the one nation on the earth whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people, to make for Himself a name—and to do for Yourself great and awesome deeds for Your land—before Your people whom You redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, the nations, and their gods? 24 For You have made Your people Israel Your very own people forever; and You, Lord, have become their God.

25 “Now, O Lord God, the word which You have spoken concerning Your servant and concerning his house, establish it forever and do as You have said. 26 So let Your name be magnified forever, saying, ‘The Lord of hosts is the God over Israel.’ And let the house of Your servant David be established before You. 27 For You, O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed this to Your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house.’ Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray this prayer to You.

28 “And now, O Lord God, You are God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant. 29 Now therefore, let it please You to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue before You forever; for You, O Lord God, have spoken it, and with Your blessing let the house of Your servant be blessed forever.”

1 Corinthians 15:20-22

But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died. For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ.

Luke 15:1-10

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

15 Now all the tax collectors and sinners were coming near to listen to him. 2 And the Pharisees and the scribes were grumbling and saying, “This fellow welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

3 So he told them this parable: 4 “Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? 5 When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ 7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

The Parable of the Lost Coin

8 “Or what woman having ten silver coins,[a] if she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? 9 When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ 10 Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

One of my favorites “Be not wise in thine own eyes”

If the world would just humble themselves…

:pray::us::pray:

David danced like a rock star and Michal didn’t like it one bit.

DANCE TO YOUR KING AND NEVER BE ASHAMED TO WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE GOD.
Le seul Nom - JESUS IS GOD!

Pipeline - you are GOOD for reminding us here of these truths. I appreciate this thread more than you know. I come here for refreshing after getting my ass kicked in the WWW. :]

HE IS RISEN!

Good Friday.
Be aware
What Jesus went through for us.

Thanks! It is quite refreshing being around like minded christians isn’t it!

Thanks Real Donald Trump! The power of God with us! Jesus paid the price! It is done! It is finished! Nothing is impossible with our God! : )

Happy 4/20/2019 brothers and sisters! Share what’s on your mind as you count the cost. God Bless!

Matthew 6:9-15

In this manner, therefore pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily
bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into

temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the
power and the glory forever.
Amen.

For if you forgive men their trespassses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your tresspasses.

Luke 14:25-35

Leaving All to Follow Christ

25 Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, 26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. 28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it — 29 lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’? 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. 33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.
Tasteless Salt Is Worthless

34 “Salt is good; but if the salt has lost its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? 35 It is neither fit for the land nor for the [g]dunghill, but men throw it out. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

Words of encouragement and correction for all :pray::heart::pray:

Women:

A woman of God obeys God’s commands to love others well. Her speech is edifying and encouraging to others, not slanderous or filled with gossip or ill intent (Ephesians 4:29; 1 Peter 2:1–3). She is kind, compassionate, and forgiving (Ephesians 4:32). She helps to bear the burdens of other believers (Galatians 6:2; Romans 12:15). As she has opportunity, she tries to do good to all, especially those also in the family of God (Galatians 6:10). She is not conceited but lives with a spirit of humility (Romans 12:10, 16; Philippians 2:5–11). She does not grumble or needlessly argue or cause dissension, but rather tries to live in harmony with others (Romans 12:16, 18; Philippians 2:14).

The godly woman controls her thoughts, taking them captive and making them obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). She controls her emotions and doesn’t allow them to control her. She controls her appetites and doesn’t display an unbridled passion for food and drink. She also controls her tongue, which James tells us is like “a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell” (James 3:6). The speech of a godly woman is one that edifies and encourages rather than tearing down with idle gossip. The godly woman also does not allow profanity and “unwholesome talk” to come out of her mouth (Ephesians 4:29).

Men:

The first step in becoming a godly man is to surrender to the lordship of Jesus Christ (John 14:6). Anyone can learn rules, follow laws, and judge themselves harshly. Many false religions require that of their subjects. But we cannot become godly without the Holy Spirit empowering us to do so (Acts 1:8). Godliness is more than external behaviors; it is the continual seeking after God’s heart (Isaiah 55:6–7). The term godly refers to having an inward devotion for God that is outwardly displayed. So a godly man is one who has received Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross as payment for His own sin and has accepted the righteousness purchased for him there (2 Corinthians 5:21). By faith in Christ’s death and resurrection, the godly man has declared Jesus the Lord of his life, and his heart is set toward obedience (Romans 10:9–10).

A godly man is not a perfect man. We will never reach perfection until we are in the physical presence of Jesus (1 Corinthians 13:12; 1 John 3:2). But the godly man embraces his manhood and knows that Jesus, not the world, has set the standard for what it means to be a real man. So he strives daily to model his life after Jesus. He does not excuse the sins and weaknesses he finds in himself but continually surrenders those areas to God and asks for His help in overcoming them (Romans 6:11–14). Regardless of physical appearance, social status, or economic standing, any man can be a godly man if he loves God with all his heart and seeks to obey Him in every area of his life (Luke 10:27; Galatians 2:20).

All:

In Romans 7, Paul explains the battle that rages continually in even the most spiritually mature people. He laments that he does what he doesn’t want to do and, in fact, does the evil he detests. He says that is the result of “sin living in me” (Romans 7:20). He delights in God’s law according to his “inner being,” but he sees another law at work in “the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members” (v. 23). Here is the classic example of the two entities, whatever terms they may carry. The point is that the battle is real, and it is one Christians will wage throughout their lives.

This is why believers are encouraged to put to death the deeds of the body (Romans 8:13), to put to death that which makes a Christian sin (Colossians 3:5), and to put aside other sins such as anger, wrath, malice, etc. (Colossians 3:8). All this to say that the Christian has two natures—the old and the new—but the new nature needs continual renewing (Colossians 3:10). This renewing, of course, is a lifetime process for the Christian. Even though the battle against sin is constant, we are no longer under the control of sin (Romans 6:6). The believer is truly a “new creation” in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), and it is Christ who will ultimately “rescue [us] from this body of death. Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Romans 7:24–25).

Thats great! Thanks mamapotato!

Shouldn’t you be in bed? Time for sleep. I already slept. Keep falling asleep at the dinner table. Had a long day mowing in the rain! :sunny:

Got to get rested up for the Easter Eggstraveganza at church later today. Going to help set up and tear down. It will be in the 40’s breezy and a quarter to a half inch of rain. Not sure if its getting canceled or not. Hoping its going to be doable, so we can celebrate our risen Savior, Christ Jesus!

Praise God! :sunny:

He died for our sins then rose from the dead in three days.

And keep in mind the Societal idioms of that day in that society: the ancient Hebrews would have counted Friday afternoon to early Sunday morning as three days, Sunday being the third day. So, from 3pm Friday to dawn Sunday (let’s say, 7am), which they would count as three days, is also 40 hours. In the Hebrew Bible, 40 is the number signifying a new generation. If they managed to get Him down from the cross and into the tomb in three hours (a 6pm sunset) that would put Him in the tomb 37 hours. 37 is what I call the Divine Prime (if you take the two digits individually along with the sum of those two digits, you get the sequence 3,7,10; God holy and complete), and when you multiply the Divine Prime by the number of the Trinity (3), you get 111 (Truly a Trinitarian number).

Matthew 26: 26-29

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it and gave it to the disciles and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”

Then he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”