For humanity to evolve, religion must be discarded

You insist that you are stating a fact. I will repeat, it is just speculation. You have absolutely no way of knowing that. “As we know it” is not what I said. Obviously the problem is the way we know it is still very primitive.

Yes I do. It’s called history.

You can deny what your feelings wont accept via free will, but when you take away your fear and hate, common sense, and even children can see this.

You’re ignorance comes from your insatiable hatred for Christianity.

But you’re wrong, like you are from time to time despite never admitting it.

And the last time I checked, history is the PAST. You are speculating about the future of the West without religion, and you claim with certainty that you know for a fact the West could not exist or survive. You have no way of predicting the future. The best you can say is that you believe there is a small probability that the West could survive but you cannot reasonably claim with certainty that you KNOW it cannot.

If you insist on making ad hominem attacks, we will cease our discussion. Am I clear? And it’s “your”. Please use an apostrophe correctly.

History Rhymes.

I’m NOT speculating about the future.

The west is a recipe to create what we have today.

If you take tomatoes out of tomatoes sauce, you don’t have tomato sauce anymore.

Christianity is a fundamental ingredient of the West. You have no argument to this, it’s NO speculation because you hate Christianity.

The West does not exist without Christianity. It doesn’t and history proves it. not just the past, but real time today.

refusing to admit your wrong, will NEVER change you being wrong. and you are wrong, no matter how much denial you shovel. Period.

No Christianity = No West. in the past, in the present, and in the future as well.

Period.

Last I checked, we are not a theocracy.

I agreed with you that it was fundamental. But you stated the West “as we know it” cannot exist without Christianity. And that is the point. Evolution is the shedding of the form as we have known it to be replaced by something better. To ignore the countless ways religion and Christianity in particular has hindered progress is be ignorant of history. I ask you again, what benefit is Christianity to Western Society? How has it made us more intelligent?

We don’t have to have a theocracy to have the ingredient of religion.

WHY do you INSIST on putting words like theocracy in people’s mouths to sate your flawed hate against Christianity?

No one said or implied theocracy.

Still Christianity is a fundamental ingredient of the West, and everywhere it’s removed the West, withers and dies.

Period.

EDIT: Education is your responsibility, not everyone else’s obligation to you. History has proven what your brain and heart deny so viciously and irrationally.

@theisz I have to agree with @Paladin, You really have been contributing nothing to this topic or thread, you seem to think it more important to DENY others there opinion, Is it that you really BELIEVE or have convinced yourself your some how knowing something we may not. Have you consider many of us whom think and believe as we do, have in FACT read the same books you have, and by Books, I also mean Videos, or FACEBOOK posts.?

Honestly, Be honest with yourself and Contribute something of content and meaning, if you can, something NOT copy and pasted from your favorite website, or quick google search! if you can not do this NOW, then you offer nothing, thus redundant to the discussion and this thread, and in this case I would agree with @Paladin, you should probably agree to disagree move on.

Lastly @Paladin has completely DESTROYED your argument endlessly, can you not see this reality, or are you suffering from irrationality acting illogically. Give something of meaning.

@Paladin I have a saying I would like to share.

“If you know you can destroy them, DON’T!” :slight_smile:

Infighting is BULLSHIT, Move’n it along!

That’s an opinion, which I have never denied you at all despite your wild imagination. I am just proving how wrong it is. I have much I’ve contributed, more than the original poster even or you. So, you really shouldn’t talk. Your feelings and opinions are not a weapon.

So don’t make up stories.

Also I told you please don’t talk to me. You know why I don’t talk to you right? You lost that respect, and it’s not coming back today.

Last warning. If you continue to make ad hominem attacks against me, we will cease our discussion. Do you understand? I am trying to be patient and civil, and I would like all who read this to take note.

I am merely making the point that although it was fundamental to the founding of our nation, our forefathers had the wisdom and foresight to make our government secular. They understood that religion should not be fully embraced in order to create an ideal society.

Since you want to talk about history and education, let’s. Do you have any idea how many people have been murdered in the name of Christianity?

Cease talking to me. Your threats and made up stories mean nothing.

I interjected an opinion, which you steadfastly support for yourself, and

Describe it falsely as an attack on you, which I have NEVER done.

Go ahead, accuse me falsely of attacking you again. And I will flag you for harassment.

How embarrassing for you. Flag me then. I’m sure the admins would love to have a laugh. I’ve quoted your attacks against me, and gave you fair warning to stop them and focus on the argument at hand. You refused, and the only reason I can imagine why is because your argument is very weak. Goodbye and have a nice day!

Ficticious. You’ve NEVER been attacked by me period.

And you are flagged now.

Please live up to your threat and CEASE talking to me if you can. I am now muting you.

I am saying no matter what your “Saying” Take your time, and give something of substance, right now you are looking very much as a Troll, or some one suffering a serious mental issue.

LOL also consider I am interested in what you may Offer, hence my “saying” anything! in EFFECT I am encouraging you to contribute more then witty rebuke, I do believe your capable, but I could also be mistaken.

Lastly your looking like a real ASS, and I asking you to rediscover DIGNITY. Also if you feel your having an EMOTIONAL outburst it may not be wise to do that on line in a public forum, in this case I would suggest taking some time AWAY from your computer or other VICE.

Call it CREATIVE criticism, and Positive thinking, Hope and Faith even…

[quote=“Paladin, post:587, topic:5792”]Thelsz:
You’re ignorance comes from your insatiable hatred for Christianity.
[/quote]

[quote=“Paladin, post:593, topic:5792”]Thelsz:

to sate your flawed hate against Christianity?
[/quote]

In case you have a short memory, these are called ad hominem attacks. Attacks against me personally. I will continue to embarrass you as long as you continue to respond. How about that? Please go cry to the admins that the bad forum member is HARASSING you. LMFAO. GTFO.

“When the churches literally ruled society, the human drama encompassed: (a) slavery; (b) the cruel subjection of women; © the most savage forms of legal punishment; (d) the absurd belief that kings ruled by divine right; (e) the daily imposition of physical abuse; (f) cold heartlessness for the sufferings of the poor; as well as (g) assorted pogroms (‘ethnic cleansing’ wars) between rival religions, capital punishment for literally hundreds of offenses, and countless other daily imposed moral outrages. . . . It was the free-thinking, challenging work by people of conscience, who almost invariably had to defy the religious and political status quo of their times, that brought us out of such darkness.” Steve Allen

So, you don’t base your decisions through the filter of the past?

I’m sorry I didn’t read all 600 replies to this. Original poster of this, I must inform you what you stated is simply your opinion. God isn’t a Religion sorry for whoever misinformed you. God is above all and loves us. You can choose to believe what you want.

The funny thing is the Bible several parts written 2000+ years ago and even while altered through translation it’s still an accurate picture of this world. You can literally follow events in the world currently if you read Revelations and God gives you understanding. Like I said though believe what you want.

My last fun thoughts on this. America has been falling into hell with every step away from God the nation/states take so I consider this a problem only God could fix. In addition if I’m wrong no harm I just lived my life with higher self expectations. However if the unbeliever is wrong nothing can save you from hell except Jesus and your acceptance of what he did for you. Never forget until you’re dead Jesus made a way.

Just to interject a lil bit here, the reason why the forefathers separated church and state is so that the government couldn’t control the church, not vice versa as most have come to believe… Just saying… But don’t take my word for it… Dig deep into the research, it’s there in true history… :grin::revolving_hearts:

The phrase “separation between church & state” is generally traced to a January 1, 1802, letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper. Jefferson wrote,

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should “make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,” thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties."[1]

separation of church and state

The principle that government must maintain an attitude of neutrality toward religion. Many viewseparation of church and state as required by theFirst Amendment (see also First Amendment). The First Amendment not only allows citizens thefreedom to practice any religion of their choice,but also prevents the government from officiallyrecognizing or favoring any religion.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/separation-of-church-and-state