Happy Chanukah!

Merry Christmas

Jesus had apparently been made aware of Chanukah.

John 10
22At that time the Feast of Dedication took place at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the colonnade of Solomon.

The Hebrew word Chanukah means “dedication,” and is thus named because it celebrates the rededication of the 1st Holy Temple.

In 2 BC, Israel was ruled by the Seleucids (Syrian-Greeks), who tried to force the people of Israel to accept Greek culture and beliefs instead of observance of the Torah, and belief in God. Against all odds, a small band of faithful Jews, led by Judah the Maccabee, defeated one of the mightiest armies on earth, drove the Greeks from the land, reclaimed the Holy Temple in Jerusalem and rededicated it to the service of God.

When they sought to light the Temple’s Menorah (the seven-branched candelabrum), they found only a single cruse of olive oil that had escaped contamination by the Greeks (there were specific ritual purity laws that had to be observed with the oil used in the Menorah). Miraculously, they lit the menorah and the one-day supply of oil lasted for eight days, until new oil could be prepared under conditions of ritual purity.

PNG

This is not a symbol of Hanukah.

Did Jesus observe Hanukah? Why was He in the Temple at Hanukah if not–why would John have noted He was there at that time?

I’m not buying anything you’re selling lol so keep wasting your time and telling me how stupid I am. Don’t make one difference to me lol

Oh, was I selling something? Please, enlighten me brother!

Enlighten yourself brother lol

Nah I think somebody’s just having an unhappy chanukah… :thinking:

Well, I just thought I’d ask for your help since you introduced a new concept to me about myself (that I was selling something).

Oh you are so clever hahahahah

:rofl: The dude is getting triggered over some Jews celebrating an ostensible miracle!

Oh I’m so triggered omg hahahaha

LOL Just havin some fun :wink:

Same here lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::us::us::us:

BTW, not that I’m right or wrong, but I don’t observe ANY holidays–not Chanukah, not Pentecost, not Pesach, not Christmas, not Easter.

Now that is something I can get behind lol​:+1::+1::+1:

The way I read the Bible (Romans 14), no one is obligated to observe any of those days.

Your heart is in the right place. :rofl: