Serving size 1/8 batch or 1/4 pan bread

Ingredients:

Organic whole wheat flour ~4 cups

Organic Hemp seed protein powder 1/2 cup

Instant/ Bread machine yeast 1 packet or 1/2 tbsp

Hemp seed/ olive oil 2 tablespoons

Hot water 1 cup

Directions:

Pre-heat oiled cast-iron skillet with lid at medium low temperature or oven at 400 F.

Combine 1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup organic hemp protein powder, 1/2 tablespoon instant yeast, and 2 tablespoons olive oil.

Add 1 cup hot water, mix until a dough is formed.

Add 1-2 tablespoons flour, stir and repeat until dough becomes workable.

Knead dough on a pile of about 2 cups flour on a clean surface for about 4-5 minutes or until the dough is firm and elastic. Its recommended to knead dough on parchment paper to ease clean-up.

Divide dough into 2 to have appropriate amount for each pan bread/pizza. Mold dough into a dome shape.

Cover and allow dough to rise for 5-10 minutes (optional)

Work dough until flat. Place in oiled cast-iron skillet with lid or on a baking sheet.

Cook pan bread 5-10 minutes as desired.

Top with organic crushed tomatoes, pork/beef/chicken, red kidney beans, cheddar and mozzarella cheese and cook for 10-20 minutes as desired. Excellent with jalapeno hot sauce.

Farmer’s Delight Trail Mix

Serving size 1 cup

Ingredients:

Peanuts-unsalted 1/2-1 cup

Organic oatmeal 1/2-1 cup

Organic raisins 1/4-1/2cup

Organic hemp seed protein powder 4 tablespoons

Directions:

Combine 1/2-1 cup peanuts, 1/2-1 cup oatmeal,1/4-1/2 cup raisins, and 4 tbsp hemp seed protein powder. Shake or stir well. Raisins can be increased if desiring a sweeter trail mix.

Other optional ingredients: Coconut, olive oil, cashews, almonds, chocolate chips

Health Ranger (Natural News) Store sells hemp protein powder, but I prefer Effa Gold its ground more fine, and it has a little better quality. Label for protein and fiber says the same though.

6 Likes
Have you made your choice?

Sweet. Made a special trip to the store to get hemp powder. Believe me guys, hemp is the secret to healthy living!

https://www.naturesway.com/Product-Catalog/Hemp-Protein-Fiber-Pwdr-16-oz

Nature’s Way EFAGold® is the highest quality hemp seed powder, and one of nature’s richest sources of protein, fiber and essential fatty acids - guaranteed to contain 13 grams Fiber and 11 grams Protein per serving all from non-GMO seeds.

Our Hemp powder has a delicious taste. It is Organic, cold milled, unrefined, hexane free and has zero trans fat. You can get your daily fiber (soluble & insoluble) and protein needs plus additional vitamins, minerals, lignans, all 8 essential amino acids and EFAs.

We believe in quality control from the soil to the oil: Our involvement begins in the fields and continues through harvesting, seed selection, milling and purity testing.

Amino Acids
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and a key part of every bodily function. Of the 28 amino acids, 8 are considered essential since they must be obtained through the diet.

• Tryptophan
  • Lysine
  • Methionine
  • Phenylalanine
  • Threonine
  • Valine
  • Leucine
  • Isoleucine

Fiber
Soluble fiber is beneficial for cardiovascular health. Insoluble fiber is helpful for digestion and appetite.

Directions

Add 4 tablespoons to a favorite juice, smoothie or other beverage. Can be sprinkled on cereals and yogurt, or added to a favorite muffin recipe. Keep tightly sealed. Refrigerate after opening.

Notes

May contain traces of wheat.

Keep out of reach of children. (CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS LABEL?!!!)

Typical Amino Acid Content Per Serving: Amino Acids 11 g (10,980 mg), Glutamic Acid 2 g (1,951 mg), Arginine 1.3 g (1,390 mg), Aspartic Acid 1.1 g (1,153 mg), Leucine 771 mg, Serine 570 mg, Valine 567 mg, Phenylalanine 514 mg, Glycine 508 mg, Alanine 503 mg, Proline 494 mg, Isoleucine 458 mg, Lysine 452 mg, Threonine 388 mg, Tyrosine 360 mg, Histidine 318 mg, Methionine 257 mg, Cystine 190 mg, Tryptophan 137 mg

4 Likes

Hemp has all the Omega fatty acids that are in fish oil. Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids are all there in hemp seed!

3 Likes

What a great idea Pipeline! Recipe sharing is rather old fashioned but still worth the effort.

For those who have little time, I enjoy sharing user-friendly, no-fuss “recipes” that anyone can do and most have the ingredients handy or can pick up with ease on the way home from work.

For example, dinner tonight:
Pasta Bake

• 1 package - any choice of pasta (penne or farfalle work great)
  • About 2 cups organic ricotta cheese
  • About 2 cups mozzarella - sliced or shredded, add some parmesan if you got it
  • About 2 cups any leafy greens - chard/spinach/kale chopped up sauteed with 2 cloves fresh nongmo garlic (saute with the meat to if greens aren’t your thing, otherwise add to ricotta mixture)
  • 1 fresh onion (I use a blend of three types of onions for flavors - red/white/green)
  • 1 to 2 lbs any type of red meat (preferably grass-fed) meatless is always an option
  • 1 can of organic pasta sauce (preferably nongmo w/ pure ingredients and low sugar/salt)
  • Season either meat sauce or ricotta with sweet basil, oregano, good salt etc. if you got it
  1. Cook pasta and drain
  2. Saute meat & onions (add red sauce to meat preferably in non-porous pan). If you don’t have time to saute veggies separate, just add to meat or ricotta mixture fresh. Your choice.
  3. Combine meat and red sauce, cook for a couple minutes, add spices if you would like. If you don’t have time for this combination - no worry - you can add the sauce right out of the jar when you layer.
  4. Layer pasta on bottom of any size pan (this set of portions will make about a 13x9 pan & 5x6 loaf pan (uncooked) to freeze for later.
  5. Add a layer of ricotta -
  6. Add layer of meat/red sauce- top with some parmesan and mozzarella
  7. Repeat as many layers as you would like and if you get frustrated, just know that you can throw all ingredients in a pan, mixed up, top with cheese and the taste should not disappoint. Just know you can’t mess this one up.

Cook for about 20 min on 375 or until cheese on top and sauce bubbles - do not let the cheese burn. Allow to cool before freezing if you have leftovers. Freeze cooked or uncooked in pans. To re-heat, just defrost for an hour or so and throw in oven until cooked.

ENJOY!

Or, you could just ask your grandma to make you dinner. She might throw in a pie if you help her with some chores around the house. God bless the grandmas who love to feed hungry mouths!

Questions? I am not The Pioneer Woman but I know how to throw together a nutritious and filling meal for those who work hard all day and come home hungry as a bear just out of hibernation.
In Peace!
T.R.F.

5 Likes

I made a lemon-grilled salmon with corn salad. It was so simple and delicious.
4 4-5 oz fresh salmon fillets
1 1/2 c fresh cooked and cooled or frozen corn
1 1/2 c fresh blueberries
1/3 c red sweet pepper, chopped
1/4 c snipped fresh chives or thinly sliced green onions
3 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel.

Combine the last 4 ingredients to make your salmon seasoning. Remember to spray the fish with cooking oil before putting it directly on the grill rack on an uncovered grill (charcoal is best. Put the corn on the grill too to get the best flavor.). Over medium coals for 8-12 mins, flip carefully once. Combine the 1/4 tsp salt, lemon juice, syrup, basil, corn, blueberries, chives and peppers to get your corn salad, serve that with the salmon and garnish with fresh basil and lemon slices if you’d like.

I had to use dried basil cause I didn’t have fresh on hand. Still good. Better Homes & Gardens is my go-to for recipe books.

8 Likes

Made this for a party this weekend and a bunch of people said it was their favorite dish.

Watermelon Salad:

Watermelon (sliced)
Cucumber (sliced)
Arugula
Fennel (shaved)
Pistachios (chopped)
Blueberry & lemon rind goat cheese (crumbled)…or plain goat cheese
Fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
Fresh chives (chopped)
Grape seed oil
Balsamic vinegar

11 Likes

Crazy recipes guys! Looks really good actually! Thanks for sharing! Keep em coming!

Just picked up 15 # of organic Hemp seed powder, 30+lb of meat, 6 pints of organic olive oil and 2 jars of breadmaking yeast!

Need to go pick up the 60# of whole wheat flour tomorrow morning.

I like making bread!

Keep the pantry stocked guys. We are in some uncertain times… Stores will only have a 3 day supply of food in an emergency.

4 Likes

This was a great chicken wing recipe. I’ve done it twice this week. Really hard to bake something and have that fried taste, but damn, just give it a try if you like wings.

Edit: baking powder

8 Likes

I swear you can’t go wrong cooking a steak on the cast iron skillet

12 Likes

I’m writing this recipe down :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Plumcot BBQ Shrimp…

Sounds good anyway.

Find a way to get some saffron in there mmmmm

2 Likes

Best BBQ sauce…

Sticky Pig from Missouri
Chakkas from Commiforia

3 Likes

Best steak marinade

3 Likes

Lavender Infused Apricot Compote

Use this to top pancakes, toast, or yogurt. Also you could add to muffins, clafouti, or little pies. You can also substitute the fruit (peaches, plums, prunes, and some berries will work with this recipe).

Ingredients:

1. Organic/Non-GMO Apricots/Non-sprayed - or as clean as you can get
  2. Shooga! Use Raw Sugar if you can but most alternative sugars will work
  3. Sprig of Org/Non-GMO Lavender. If you don’t know what a “sprig” is - ask your Grandma. You can always buy edible lavender from your local farmer’s market or a natural grocery store.
  4. Splash of brandy - get the good stuff if you can afford it but the cheap stuff works great too.
  5. Optional and not all inclusive ideas for flavor infusions: fresh mint, vanilla, coconut, almond, cayenne, cardamon, lemon, jasmine - oh heck the skies the limit.

Mechanical Engineering:
Half and pit the fresh apricots. Please do not use any other but fresh in this recipe, canned will not work. Put into preferably stainless steel pan, add sugar (3 cups fruit to 1/2 - 1 cup sugar based on preference). Add the brandy.

Boil (be careful this gets HOT!) and then reduce to simmer for about an hour or until it gets to the consistency you want. I add a little water. I just happened to have a cup of water infused with Chinese Milk Oolong tea, so I threw a 1/4 cup in to keep the fruit from burning. Just make sure there is enough moisture in the pan not to overflow and not to dry down.

About half way through add the sprig of lavender on top (to be removed later) or what ever other flavor you want. I am trying coconut flavoring next. Lavender was brilliant!

I put small portions (after cooled) into small glass containers - let cool before closing. I find this is a nice little gift for neighbors or moms who just need some excuse to have something sweet with their yogurt. Also, I make a low-sugar version and offer people a choice. Many are struggling with diabetes type diet struggles and appreciate the treat without the worry.

Please let me know if my instructions are clear enough and easy to follow. I welcome critique and feedback.

5 Likes

It might be helpful for those who do not know what flowers are edible to have a guide. This is an easy and quick one I found in a search:

4 Likes

Made a meatloaf for the first time ever tonight because my boyfriend was craving it so I figured, why not?

1lb Ground Beef
1lb Italian Sausage
1 Onion - finely minced
2 Bell Peppers - finely minced
2 tbsp minced Garlic
2 tbsp unsalted Butter
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1 cup Bread Crumbs
2 Large Eggs
1/3 cup minced Parsley

So with @Johnboy to help, we finely minced the bell peppers and onion. We cooked the veggies and garlic in butter for about 5 minutes, then added Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and ketchup and cooked for another minute. Turned the flame off and set aside to cool. I then mixed together the ground beef, Italian sausage, eggs, bread crumbs, and threw in the cooled veggies and mixed it all together. Then we used Better Than Bouillon Beef flavor to make a brown gravy. I formed the loaf in a baking dish, put some of the gravy on top and around the sides and baked at 350° for about 45 minutes. (The oven we used is smaller than conventional so it cooks a little faster.)

And voila!

8 Likes

This meatloaf came out absolutely amazing.

Just regular traditional meatloaf…!!! :ok_hand:

4 Likes

That looks amazing @Betty_Rose89​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you :sparkling_heart::blush:
It was a bit spicy because I used hot Italian sausage but I think that made it better, lol.

2 Likes

He is so LUCKY to have you! Food, it is a way to a man’s heart. I don’t care what the PC police say. MEN LOVE GOOD FOOD! They love a willing woman who will cook with joy as well. This is rare. I admire you Betty Rose.

5 Likes