🛑 Install Linux STOP SUPPORTING CORRUPTION & ABOUSE

@MattKingLinux, I’ve rarely used KDE. So, I think KDE is the UI for Kubuntu, which is focused on education, right? I like KDE over what Lubuntu uses.

No kubuntu is just ubuntu with plasma. Edubuntu is focused on education. But either way it’s hard to go wrong with a *buntu.

I know Lubuntu is Light Ubuntu and Xubuntu is Internet Ubuntu. How many different flavors are there?

There are a lot of official ubuntu distros, not sure how many. But there are hundreds of distros based on ubuntu.

New viewers to this Thread Please CLICK HERE

Reasoning for this post

However we can not consider Windows, Apple or Android as perfect, rather acknowledge the plethora or vulnerability’s (Back Doors / Hidden Ports) purposely placed that the average grade hacker can exploit with ease… Windows is for Ransom and Worms, Viruses and Trojans, Meaning its platform meant for Spying on its Users… Email bombs and Mass data collection that literally equates to Theft of Intellectual Property and Personal Privacy for the sake of a User Agreement, deliberately written so that it is not read (deliberately complicated and boring)… Opposite of Facebook’s psychology / Religion.

You really don’t think these companies are making Billions and or Trillions on their Shit Software that is Primarily designed to keep you Entertained rather than Studying and Researching while preoccupying the end “USER” (as in Addiction) A Smooth, Gaming and Movie Experience above ALL things while selling bulk data to all the other ABC’S & 123’S Globally, If we dont thing that then we would be both naive and silly…

Consider the Names of these Criminals is made Obvious as if an Insult to the Intellectual and Intelligence… Windows, Apple, Android, these are NOT the Names of the Software but rather their Primary Function, Service and Purpose… Windows to spy on you and all that you will do with their technology and the hardware that also has data stolen from it by driver and hardware manufacturers, that CONTRACT to Microsoft or Vice versa, The “License” to trade. the Apple to tempt you in to Believing there is Real competition and an Actual Market (Choice), and Android to zombify you and Produce the “The Clone and Drone” by it’s Propagated and Simulated Convenience while stealing your bio-metric, environmental and habitual data that is sold to and on the same market…Just take a look around It’s Literally in your Face so we are Accustomed to it, It’s NORMAL and so we are NOT immediately ALARMED to it, And so that we stand a good chance at becoming ADDICTED TO IT, or DEPENDENT on it, like heroin addiction.

The “NAMES” are Codes for “Programs” NOT of Programs… Open them Eyes and See a BIGGER Picture, hence why I am saying LINUX is a GOOD alternative and effective form of Protest and Activism against these monsters and their Exploitation and manipulation for Profit and Power.

Consider as I mentioned above IF 20% of their Customer and User base disappearing at a steady rate, It would prove a Real Threat to any Corporation that Generates +75% of its Gains and Profits by Selling Stolen Information via the Dark.

Google is the Switch Box, and Governor by insuring all Data traverses at lest one of there Data Centers for Capture, Intercept, or Storage including Encrypted and Non encrypted Data of ALL Networks Globally, they are the Primary Directors and Distributors of Data and Data streams to the Biggest Bidder or according to the (Market), Microsoft is Stealing from the Disk and Desktop.

NO They DON’T COMPETE, although they Propagate that they do… it’s all Bullshit, they all Sell and Buy Data from each other on a Massive scale, Many Terabytes of Data…

Lol, ever wonder why Apple is still around? Maybe because Microsoft paid the bill by Buying Data from Apple, lol they even thought to Merge the two, the Microsoft / Apple hybrid, that was only ever beta tested. But was ditched due to Legal issues, Microsoft would have been accused of Duopoly along with a number of infringements unto Competition Law, That are only the Tip of the Iceberg that would have Sank the Titanic.

This was meant to be Microsoft’s answer to the direct threat of LINUX…
“In August 2016, Microsoft unveiled the latest Windows subsystem called the Windows Subsystem for Linux This subsystem, available only on 64-bit Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update, codenamed Redstone)”

And if you know Anything about the Dark-Web, Free-net and others then this could Explain the Absurd amounts of Data Transfer that Saturates the Darkness 24/7, (Noise), lol you don’t think they send that shit via Gmail, YouTube video or Facebook post do we?

SO AGAIN THE POINT OF THE ORIGINAL POST IS THAT LINUX IS THE BEST ALTERNATIVE WHEN PROTESTING THESE CRIMES COMMITTED BY THESE COOPERATING CORPORATIONS AND THE CRIMINALS WHOM OWN AND CONDUCTED THEM.

So It is NOT about the Technical Ends of Linux that are of LITTLE concern to the everyday HOME user whom will EXPERIENCE NONE of these engineering issues Unless they start looking in to Developing and contributing to the Linux Community.

AGAIN IF YOU KNOW OF ANY ALTERNATIVES THEN PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO MENTION THEM.

Ubuntu and Mint are the closest to the Windows and Apple experience. that being easier for the average user to acclimatize to and use most efficiently. Also that Each of these are developed with Compatibility in mind, Also that many developers are codding drivers and support for it.

I welcome any alternative suggestions equally.

PS: I have included a Few Polls that may prove a sense of what others think of Linux and its Flavors.

@RamboRevenge you can find some resources on the First post…

@Bingozee, oh, thank you for this. Thanks for the resources. Very helpful.

I use debian stable with xfce for my daily driver.

Xfce is most excellent. If plasma died I would use xfce…or icewm or blackbox. But xfce would be my first choice. But…maybe blackbox with docky.

Another reason for kind people on the forums to move from Windows to Linux. If you’re on a Mac, that’s very sad. I don’t know what to tell you, maybe move to BSD.

This is considering that the kind people on this forum understand that there is no way to fully opt out of the surveillance built in to Windows 10 and Windows 10 should not be an option for anyone who does not want to voluntarily surrender their privacy.

Here is some interesting news from Bryan Lunduke. And it’s really good.

And a quick look at the history of Linux with Bryan Lunduke.

I think this post needs to be bumped back to the top. This is far more important than NZ.

The best flavors for beginners are going to be the Debian based ones (Ubuntu, Mint, possibly Debian itself), since the apt package manager is much easier when it comes to resolving the dependencies. Try to stay away from the Redhat based ones, as RPM can be a pain in the butt. Oh, and do update when you can, and try to get LTS versions, as they’re supported longer than the interim versions.

New viewers to this Thread Please CLICK HERE

Reasoning for this post

However we can not consider Windows, Apple or Android as perfect, rather acknowledge the plethora or vulnerability’s (Back Doors / Hidden Ports) purposely placed that the average grade hacker can exploit with ease… Windows is for Ransom and Worms, Viruses and Trojans, Meaning its platform meant for Spying on its Users… Email bombs and Mass data collection that literally equates to Theft of Intellectual Property and Personal Privacy for the sake of a User Agreement, deliberately written so that it is not read (deliberately complicated and boring)… Opposite of Facebook’s psychology / Religion.

You really don’t think these companies are making Billions and or Trillions on their Shit Software that is Primarily designed to keep you Entertained rather than Studying and Researching while preoccupying the end “USER” (as in Addiction) A Smooth, Gaming and Movie Experience above ALL things while selling bulk data to all the other ABC’S & 123’S Globally, If we dont thing that then we would be both naive and silly…

Consider the Names of these Criminals is made Obvious as if an Insult to the Intellectual and Intelligence… Windows, Apple, Android, these are NOT the Names of the Software but rather their Primary Function, Service and Purpose… Windows to spy on you and all that you will do with their technology and the hardware that also has data stolen from it by driver and hardware manufacturers, that CONTRACT to Microsoft or Vice versa, The “License” to trade. the Apple to tempt you in to Believing there is Real competition and an Actual Market (Choice), and Android to zombify you and Produce the “The Clone and Drone” by it’s Propagated and Simulated Convenience while stealing your bio-metric, environmental and habitual data that is sold to and on the same market…Just take a look around It’s Literally in your Face so we are Accustomed to it, It’s NORMAL and so we are NOT immediately ALARMED to it, And so that we stand a good chance at becoming ADDICTED TO IT, or DEPENDENT on it, like heroin addiction.

The “NAMES” are Codes for “Programs” NOT of Programs… Open them Eyes and See a BIGGER Picture, hence why I am saying LINUX is a GOOD alternative and effective form of Protest and Activism against these monsters and their Exploitation and manipulation for Profit and Power.

Consider as I mentioned above IF 20% of their Customer and User base disappearing at a steady rate, It would prove a Real Threat to any Corporation that Generates +75% of its Gains and Profits by Selling Stolen Information via the Dark.

Google is the Switch Box, and Governor by insuring all Data traverses at lest one of there Data Centers for Capture, Intercept, or Storage including Encrypted and Non encrypted Data of ALL Networks Globally, they are the Primary Directors and Distributors of Data and Data streams to the Biggest Bidder or according to the (Market), Microsoft is Stealing from the Disk and Desktop.

NO They DON’T COMPETE, although they Propagate that they do… it’s all Bullshit, they all Sell and Buy Data from each other on a Massive scale, Many Terabytes of Data…

Lol, ever wonder why Apple is still around? Maybe because Microsoft paid the bill by Buying Data from Apple, lol they even thought to Merge the two, the Microsoft / Apple hybrid, that was only ever beta tested. But was ditched due to Legal issues, Microsoft would have been accused of Duopoly along with a number of infringements unto Competition Law, That are only the Tip of the Iceberg that would have Sank the Titanic.

This was meant to be Microsoft’s answer to the direct threat of LINUX…
“In August 2016, Microsoft unveiled the latest Windows subsystem called the Windows Subsystem for Linux This subsystem, available only on 64-bit Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update, codenamed Redstone)”

And if you know Anything about the Dark-Web, Free-net and others then this could Explain the Absurd amounts of Data Transfer that Saturates the Darkness 24/7, (Noise), lol you don’t think they send that shit via Gmail, YouTube video or Facebook post do we?

SO AGAIN THE POINT OF THE ORIGINAL POST IS THAT LINUX IS THE BEST ALTERNATIVE WHEN PROTESTING THESE CRIMES COMMITTED BY THESE COOPERATING CORPORATIONS AND THE CRIMINALS WHOM OWN AND CONDUCTED THEM.

So It is NOT about the Technical Ends of Linux that are of LITTLE concern to the everyday HOME user whom will EXPERIENCE NONE of these engineering issues Unless they start looking in to Developing and contributing to the Linux Community.

AGAIN IF YOU KNOW OF ANY ALTERNATIVES THEN PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO MENTION THEM.

Ubuntu and Mint are the closest to the Windows and Apple experience. that being easier for the average user to acclimatize to and use most efficiently. Also that Each of these are developed with Compatibility in mind, Also that many developers are codding drivers and support for it.

I welcome any alternative suggestions equally.

PS: I have included a Few Polls that may prove a sense of what others think of Linux and its Flavors.

@RamboRevenge you can find some resources on the First post…

There is a good RPM based distribution that was forked from Mandrake Linux. It’s called PCLinuxOS and it uses APT for RPM. So you can still have all you junk pulled automatically but on an RPM based system. But you do have to do all your stuff as root. So, enjoy that.

I still think that urpmi is superior to apt. :smiley:

Oh, I remember the days of Mandrake, and I always found RPM to be a pain when it came to dependencies. They’ve tried to rectify it a bit with yum, but outside of the corporate world, you don’t find many situations where the only Linux download available is RPM.

One thing that would be beneficial, as people begin to learn Linux, is to know how to compile source code and build the package for themselves. By doing this, you get a deeper understanding for what’s actually going into what you’re using. It’s not much different from considering ingredients in your food that aren’t required to be listed but are still in there, like glyphosates, bleach, and genetic organisms. Sure, it’s a pain and tedious, but least you can figure out how it can work for you.

My first distro was Mandrake 7.2 it’s still a great distro for a vm. :slight_smile: