Israel, the Jews, "God's Chosen People"? The Truth

1. I don’t think you have hatred in your heart when you are saying the things you are saying, but I could imagine someone asserting the things you are asserting while having hatred in their heart–and I don’t mean that sarcastically.

2. I also get frustrated with what, too many times, amount to teachers teaching things that don’t satisfactorily answer questions which the Scriptures force us into asking.

I don’t really know the roots of the Star of David, but I am not defending their usage of it.

1. First, I would agree that there was a “remnant” of Israel that was faithful, and that the rest were rejected. Nothing from this point forward will be in disagreement with that.

2. It is true that the people committed idolatry in the wilderness–in fact, the idolatry in the wilderness seemed to have been a continuation of the idolatry they had committed in Egypt [Ez 20].

3. The Hebrew word being translated into English as “tabernacle” is the word “mishkan”, and it just means “dwelling place”–especially considering that the incident of Korah developed as a result of his having wanted to force his way into the priesthood (ie, i. he wanted to serve in the tabernacle of God, thus he did not have an idea of serving anywhere else; and ii. he wanted to do this without having been a Cohen–rebelling against God’s Law), there is nothing here (in the employment of the phrase “mishkan of Korah”) that forcefully demonstrates a link between the worship of “Kiyyun” (which did take place) and “Korah’s habitation” (though I wouldn’t be surprised if he had been an idolater, the types of idolatry had to have been numerous–we have no proof Amos intended to catalogue their every idol, but we do know that if his intention was to condemn their unfaithfulness he hit his target–there is no solid connection here).

This author says the use of the term “true” (with respect to the “tabernacle”) referred to in Hebrews 8 validates the “true tabernacle vs false tabernacle” theory he previously asserted; the problem is that the dichotomy spoken of here is the heavenly tabernacle, which had served as a pattern for the earthly tabernacle, which you’ve already said was the “true” tabernacle:

There are probably a lot more problems with the article, but I do agree that there are those Jews who are faithful to their God (they end up believing in Jesus), and those who were rejected for rejecting the word of God [Deuteronomy 32:5]–Jesus.

That study was the best one I’ve come across for the topic we were discussing…I figured it gets the point across… You have an eye for minute detail … thank you for pointing that out…you have inspired me to pay closer attention to context of scripture use in future studies!! :+1::grin:

Your love for God and godly kindness inspires (and sometimes even corrects) me. :slight_smile:

Awwwwwwwww!! That makes me happy!! :+1::grin::revolving_hearts: