Music Discussion - Post Lyrics or Songs - Talk About What It Means

Post music related things here.

I’ll start. I’m listening to Johnny Mandel - Suicide Is Painless (Audio) which you may know from MASH which was on television from 1972-1983 and it is a show about the American Korean War 1950-1953. Like Vietnam, Korea had a civil war. America got involved.

In this song - Suicide is Painless - They keep singing that suicide is painless and that it brings on many changes and that I can take it or leave it as I please and that you can do the same thing if you please. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this song seems to be promoting suicide, apathy, nihilism, pacifism, not enough yummy original green oatmeal, arrogance, ignorance, surrender, depression, negativity, pessimism, fear, nirvana, meaninglessness, relativity and subjectivity over objective eternal purpose, etc, etc. This song goes on to talk about how pain increases as you give into suicide and other things and it seems to be a good thing if you are numb to everything else. If you are in a bad place in your life, you give into pain and more pain, to cutting yourself, to drugs, alcohol, drugs, sex, etc, etc, because you are in need of something and you have a big hole in your heart. It might be promoting drugs and other things.

Post anything music related in this thread.

1 Like

Give it a rest already

2 Likes

@Mr.Anderson doesn’t like songs about suicide or MASH. Me neither.

1 Like

Here you go @joeyarnoldvn:

3 Likes

@neanderthal :lobster: :fries:

1 Like

Linkin Park sang a song, in the end it does not really matter, except that it really does matter, and Bon Jovi or whoever sang that it’s my life and that it is now or never as life don’t last forever, which is true in a way but also dangerous if not harnished enough.

1 Like

@joeyarnoldvn here is best version of wonderful song of the Rolling Stones, enjoy.

@discobot Quote

1 Like

Muse - Uprising [Official Video]
Muse
2,698,713 subscribers

SUBSCRIBED
Published on Oct 9, 2009
Watch the music video for “Uprising” now!

“Uprising” was released as the lead single from Muse’s fifth studio album, The Resistance, on September 7, 2009.

The video won “Best Special Effects” in the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.