Read The King James Bible through this year!

Ready, set, GO! if you succeed, you’ll have done what only 2% of Christians (and only 4% of PASTORS) have ever done! Share what you’re learning, & what God is teaching you.
Here’s my insight for today: Genesis 4:13, “My punishment is more than I can bear.” Cain after killing his brother, Abel. You get to choose your actions, but you DON’T get to choose the consequences. So follow after God & do things HIS way and the consequences will not crush you.

Genesis 2:16, 17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eate st thereof thou shalt surely die. (So God told Adam “Don’t touch that apple” before Eve was even made". so to all you men out there Ha Ha.

So, why do I say King James Bible? Well there’s a good reason for that. It’s probably the most accurate translation of the Hebrew scriptures. I also very strongly recommend that you get a paper King James Bible. The best one that you can afford, leather is better than fake leather, but at the Dollar Store, they’re really cheap. Some Ministries even give them away.
Many, in fact most, other translations pick & choose what to include & what to omit. KJV’s meticulous translation from the Hebrew & Greek avoids that tampering, & the corruption of the scripture from the Latin Vulgate–which had its own agenda. David Daniels has a great book on all the changes made over the years & from translation to translation: Look What’s Missing https://www.amazon.com/dp/0758907346/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vRzlCbY2A1D70
So buy a real paper KJV & get started.

I read KJV but use others when I don’t understand a verse. I use the QUick Bible app and it easily shows me a half dozen translations of the verse. Sometimes my understanding is different than all translations. I read 1 chapter a day & finish in 3.5 years.

I hesitate to use an app. The inventor of ebible is from where I live, taking thousands to hell with his false doctrines. Plus, I really don’t want somebody keeping track of what I’m reading.

couldn’t get all this pic.

Genesis 6:2
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Genesis 6:3

Please share also your Insight into The verse. What God is showing you.

Well I’m just reason Genesis, but I believe the sons of God were fallen angels and that’s why the world turned evil, nut then Adam ate that apple too, so sin started.
But God wiped all the evil out with a flood, I
don’t know? because there was still sin but not on a larger scale?

I guess I got to read it more before I post, because it says
Genesis 5, 6
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart.was only evil continually.
#6 And it repented the Lord that he made man on the earth, it grieved him at his heart.
So It says because because it repented the Lord, is why God made the flood.
I just learned something new, I thought God wiped all the evil out, but that’s not really the case " though I guess he did, except Noah, he distorted " my keyboard won’t let me type certain words: did tried the earth.

Only Noah was perfect in his generations–had no angelic blood in his bloodline. The rest were corrupted.

Evil came because God’s creatures–men AND angels rebelled by wanting things their way instead of HIS way. It’s something satan started by wanting to be worshipped like God, and something we constantly struggle with on a daily/hourly basis. Even Jesus faced it, but He didn’t give in.

When your spirit is born again in Christ, He will be your teacher. Otherwise, it’s foolishness to your mind.

Genesis 9:16
And the bow shall be in the cloud: and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

Love that promise. The rainbow was GOD’S idea, no matter who tries to claim it as their own!

I’ve been reading the geniologies. Adam died only 100 years before Noah was born. Interesting to see where they all ended up after God scattered them. Also Interesting to see how life span decreased after the flood. The firmament water was gone & no longer shielding the earth from uv radiation.

Genesis 6:3
And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

What do you think about the New King James Bible? I have studied the bible all the way through the last 3 years. Working on studying it again. Being a christian, is life. Jesus gave his life for me, so I give my life for him! :sunny:

I’m still researching the NKJV. The original is best & unsullied by the opinions of ‘translators.’