Read The King James Bible through this year!

There weren’t 10. Even the husbands of Lot’s daughters refused to leave with them. So, ONLY the 4 escaped & Lot’s wife was turned into a pillar of salt for looking back. The whole area was corrupted and destroyed. Once again rebellion followed by judgement. Had there been 10, the judgement would have been withheld. But there weren’t. Only 1. Lot.

Okay, thanks I always learn new things every time I read the bible.

Genesis 28:3
And God Almighty bless the e, and make the fruitful, and multiply the e, that thou may e st be a multitude of people.

Genesis 28:12
And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to
heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

Jacob is a great lesson in perseverance. 7 years & got Leah. 7 more years for Rachel, then more years for flocks & herds until he had a huge pile of folks & stuff. Sometimes you’re ready to quit, but if you stay where God has you, doing what He told you to do, you can trust Him to finish the job–no matter how bleak it may look.

That’s so true, if we do our part he will do the rest.

Pro-Choicers need to read this.
Genesis 30-22
And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb.

Please keep your comments on-topic. This is a thread to support the reading of the KJV in a year.

Genesis 39. I’m kinda stuck there because its so rich. Joseph had all kinds of trouble: threats, lies & false accusations, prison… yet, in each situation GOD PROSPERED HIM. So much so that his superiors took note of it & gave him responsibility. He, despite the opposition, single-handedly saved the known world, including his own brothers who tried to kill him. Would that I could trust God like that.

Maybe he prayed for his brothers and instead of having unforgiveness?.

I’m sure he did, since unforgiveness is known to block God’s favor.
Genesis 50:19-20

Genesis 40:8
And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

I like Joseph. Look forward to meeting him.

I was reading Genesis chapter 6 today and am stuck on the meaning of v11; “The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

I tried to go online and further understand the meaning and ran across a somewhat funny response:

But real talk, what does it mean?

Refer a few verses before, where the son’s of God (angels) had children with human women, corrupting the human race. The rebellion from the angels spread throughout the human race until only Noah’s family was pure. So they had to be destroyed by the flood.

But the word “before” is in there? That’s what’s throwing me off because just like Kevin stated in his comment, I too get the impression that there was evil in the world before God created it(?)

Oh, I see what your question is. A KJV term. Before here means ‘in front of, in His presence’ rather than ‘in advance of or prior to’. Like a summons: you are ordered to appear before the king.

Now what about Genesis 9:24; “And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

Did Canaan rape his father or simply mock his nakedness in front of his brothers as a form of dominance?

But, yes. God created it good. But He also knew what would happen. By creating beings with free will, there’s the inherent expectation of bad choices. It’s way better to be in a relationship with someone who CHOOSES to love you back and heartbreaking when they DON’T choose to love you. So, in giving us free will, God allowed us that bad choice, necessitating the sacrifice of Jesus to also provide us the ability to make the choice to be reconciled to Him by accepting that gift & being born again.

The latter. Ham (Caanan’s father) saw it & instead of covering him up, tattled to his brothers. That disrespect was a major factor in the curse that is on that branch of the family. Later chapters discuss that.