Read The King James Bible through this year!

I don’t know how Noah knew it was Ham. But, as a parent, sometimes you just know stuff about your kids. And he’d known those boys for several hundred years already, ya know. Lol.

How about Genesis 7:4 which states “For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.” and then Genesis 8:13 which states “And it came to pass in six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.

After it rained for forty days and forty nights, and after the water prevailed on the earth for 150 days as stated in Genesis 7:24, did it then take 600 YEARS for it all to dry up or am I hallucinating?

Yes, you are. The 600 years refers to Noah’s age. Earlier it said exactly when the rain started, according to his age.

So how did these people eat or drink, unless they were given nourishment from God?

All the plants & clean animals were food for all of them. A beautiful, lush world where everything was watered from the mist. They drank wine, raised crops. Cain was a farmer.

So they stored away 600 years worth of food even though they didn’t know how long the water would take to dry up?

Compare Genesis 7:11 with 8:13. Beginning & end. So, almost a year of provisions. Chapter 6 gives Noah the instructions.

Here’s an interesting video I ran across recently: https://youtu.be/zd5-dHxOQhg

Have a good night.

I see what you’re saying now. In Genesis 8:13 it talks about them still being on the Arc while the previous chapter gives us a glimpse of what happened almost one month and seventeen days after the water dried up. I get it.

Wow, that’s a good video, I wonder if the reason why there are more earthquakes, is because there is more sin.?

Tje Bible says the whole earth is groaning. Romans 8:22

I like the way the video explains the eco systems, dinasoues, etc.

Yes it all finally made sense to me, too, @artsyneva

@Lbcsusan Genesis 19 talks about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah but when Abraham prayed to The Lord in v28-v33 and asked that God not destroy the city if even ten [clean] souls be found there… The Lord destroyed the city not because it was full of sin but because He knew there were not even ten saved souls, correct?

Just had this conversation a few days ago on this thread.

I like that answer because Lot’s daughters ended up having incest with him after they made him drunk. So because the two Angels encountered Lot only, everyone else was pretty much corrupt from the beginning. I’m excited to read the Bible over again and see what else I spot.

Not saved souls, like born again, but pure souls, following God and not corrupted by the evil that Was Sodom and Gomorrah.

I learn something new every day, every time. God’s Word is living.

This is on how the NKJV is corrupt.
I’ve read NKJV as well.

Genesis 50:26
So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.
They have King Tuts embalmed body “if it was real” I saw it at Griffiths Observatory.
I wonder it Joseph’s body could be found as well. Though it doesn’t say he was in a tomb.