The Trucking “Bloodbath” Continues As 4,500 Truckers Lose Their Jobs

4 Likes

It’ll get better eventually. Last year was great. Mostly due to the ELD Mandate. So more people got into Trucking. This year has been S***. Too many trucks, not enough freight. I think the YTD comparison for loads is less than half of what there was last year. So rates are obviously not as good. I wouldn’t necessarily take this as an indicator of SHTF. Trump’s trade deals probably have more to do with it.

3 Likes

I work in trucking logistics for the evil Walmart for almost 18 years now and the last year it seemed to be the worst yet. I’ve seen alot of carriers hiring shit drivers and in the last 6 months a huge influx of Nigerian Muslim drivers who are the fucking worst, rude people in the industry I have ever seen in my career.

2 Likes

Walmart is hiring them or who are they going to work for?

1 Like

Yeah when we get gas deliveries were I work it’s always so muslim. A little over a week ago some young and dumb driver took a turn to fast and put the semi on its side, across the highway. I hate the muslim drivers though. Not because they are muslim but because they CAN BARLEY SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH! I can’t tell what they are telling me and they can’t tell what I’m telling them half the time. Fuckery.

2 Likes

No Walmart isn’t hiring them… It’s carriers delivering to our logistic warehouses… Carriers like JB Hunt, Swift, even seen Muslim Marten transport drivers… Never had a good experience with any of them… Rude as hell, zero English and do not follow rules… They are just dangerous imo

2 Likes

Im a truck driver in the oil field industry and we have been hiring more drivers than ever before. Business is booming.

3 Likes

It’s mainly in the commodities and grocery distribution networks that are seeing this

2 Likes

You are correct @4LoveOfTheRoad this is nothing to worry about!
I’VE BEEN IN TRUCKING SINCE 1993 AND HAVE MY OWN MC AUTHORITY

When Trump Announced that he was hitting China with Trade Sanctions all of the warehouses overstocked their shelves in an attempt to weather the storm and what they thought was going to be rising wholesale prices. Let’s face it, they have never seen anything like this in their lives. No one alive today even knows what a trade war looks like.

What happened in the trucking industry was predictable. Not enough trucks to haul all those containers coming from China. So the rates increased while trucking companies started to add as many trucks as possible.

Truck builders such as Peterbilt and Kenworth saw the largest increase in orders that they have ever seen, period! It broke all the records! If you want to buy a new truck you had to shell out $180,000 for one that was pre-ordered 6 months ago by a dealership or wait 9 - 10 months after putting a HUGE deposit down.

Now lets face it. Trucking companies were just hedging their bets. If it was a sustainable trend then they would be well positioned, if not they lose hardly nothing because they can just cancel the orders and get their money back minus a small fee.

THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE CYCLE. THE SKY IS NOT FALLING
I look at the load boards all day long, every day. Prices have come down, but they have not crashed.
Since there are over 10 million trucks out there and a messily 4500 jobs is what we lose due to hemorrhoids and monkey butt, monthly! I say, Meh, big deal…

What we are seeing is simply a very large market force reaction work its way through the stupidity of warehouses who got greedy. Nothing more. Don’t believe the “little chicken” propaganda!

1 Like

It’s still good to share to get people thinking. They get to read good info from people like yourself c’mon.

1 Like

I wasn’t suggesting that YOU were lying. I was just say’in.

1 Like